Human Sexuality is a community where you can ask questions or share experiences about sexual health and behavior as well as sex advice.
It was created on October 29, 2009 by everanddespair as an alternative to other sexual health communities in that this community is more broad and includes accountability rather than the stricter safe space rule.
The main focus is simply to provide an open space for people to discuss sexuality. It is a safe space but also an accountable space. Everyone is accountable for their own actions and words. For more information on accountability, view this article on safe spaces and accountability: http://www.feministing.com/archives/017197.html
Sexuality covers a wide range of topics including sexual health, body image, sex advice, masturbation, sexual experience, gender identity, sexual orientation, birth control, abortion, conceiving, having children, adoption, sexual assault, relationships, marriage, pornography and more. If you are unsure about what is relevant, feel free to post. If a mod feels it is off-topic, we will let you know.
Rules: 1. Keep snarking to a minimum. If something is begging to be snarked, there are other communities for that. You are free to disagree and debate pretty much anything, but if it gets out of hand, we will have to intervene.
2. No trolling. Seriously. Sock puppet accounts are fine, as we understand some people would like to remain anonymous, but if we suspect you are trolling, you will be banned.
3. Again, we want this to be a safe space, so please no victim blaming. Now, if you think something someone posts might not be considered rape, that’s OK. But say so in a respectful way. Rape/harassment/domestic violence are all very sensitive topics, so be very careful.
4. If you post something regarding any kind of violence, we request that you put it behind a cut with a warning that it may be triggering. Falls under the safe space idea.
5. Everyone is welcome regardless of religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, or body type.
6. If someone disagrees with you, don’t get all butthurt. It’s the internet. If you feel personally attacked and it’s more than just internet wankery or debate, contact the mods.
7. Use whatever terminology you feel comfortable with (unless it is blatantly derogatory or hateful). If you say “clean” to mean STI-free or say “Hey ladies,” when directing something to ladies (while some female bodied people do not identify as female, generalized pronouns like that are not meant to disrespect) that is fine. This community is not interested in censorship.
8. This community is kink friendly. If someone shares or asks something that you find weird or unusual or wrong, be respectful.
9. Membership is moderated only for privacy and safety purposes. Everyone is still welcome, and almost no one will be denied membership (if for any reason you are denied, we will let you know why).
10. No "isms" like sexism, ageism, racism, etc. Basically, nothing discriminatory or degrading.
11. While this community does have an adult content notice, please put anything Not Safe For Work under a cut saying it is NSFW.
12. There will be a "3 strike" rule. If you do or say something overtly offensive or confrontational or if you troll, you will get a warning. On the third offense, you will be banned.
13. Please do not tag your own post or other people's post without permission. We have taggers and the taggers are deadlyrhythm and whiteladyeowyn. If you would like a tag added that you feel is necessary, ask the taggers.
14. No deleting or screening of comments or posts. If a post or comment is stirring up many problems, contact the mods and we will consider if deletion is necessary. Deleting posts or comments without permission is punishable by a one month ban (following the 3-strike rule). repeat offenses will result in permanent bans.
15. Any graphic pictures (nude photos/phots of genitalia or breasts) must be under a cut. No pornographic pictures and you must be 18 or older to post any of these types of pictures. They can be artistic or to give a visual regarding a question (bump on vagina or penis, lesion on breast or other body part).
If you are banned, a mod will send you a private message on livejournal explaining why.
Any questions are problems? Email the mods at Human.SexualityComm@gmail.com